Sunday 22 February 2015

Birthday celebrations and spare bedroom experiments




My beautiful M celebrated his birthday on Thursday and to celebrate, I took him and his mother to dinner at Restaurant II, the same restaurant M and I will be married at in May.  The chef remembered our names from our booking and kindly sent out these vanilla custard brandy snaps at the end of the meal, with his compliments.

I really enjoy M's mother's company and I was hoping that we would spend the three-day weekend relaxing at the beach but the seasonal cyclones delivered heavy rains over the full weekend. Friday actually brought a number of problems at my work with several leaks which I had to coordinate fixes for all the while trying to be social and spend time with M and his mum. They're kind enough to know I was trying my best and not think me too rude, even though I spent hours on my mobile!

One of the things I've enjoyed about this weekend is testing out our spare room. We use our guest room as a TV room/study and have the Kind Furniture Houdini sofa, which turns into a couple of different modules but can be put together as a bed. We put M's mother in our room and tried the spare couch-bed:



Overall, we've been quite impressed with the comfort and feel that we can probably have guests without any problems.

We're definitely getting close to the wedding now and preparation is well and truly underway. I viewed my maid of honour's dress this afternoon and it is divine, sheer navy midi-length perfection from Scanlan Theodore. I also collected our wedding invitations from the printers this week and thought the rainy Sunday afternoon would be a good opportunity to write up our guests' names onto the individual invites:


They're safely tucked up in my bag to take into work tomorrow, ready to be posted off. 

Now it's time for a glass of wine and a relax on the couch, watching a Sunday night movie :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment