Thursday 11 December 2014

Prepare for landing

So Monday morning looked like this as the pilots carefully brought us down into Brisbane:
Best. Travel. Handbag. EVER.

Noise-cancelling headphones - a must, even in business



It's been a big week, mostly because work doesn't really stop just because you're not in the office.  My in-tray was plenty full when I walked in on Tuesday morning and it's been a big effort to get things slightly back to under control.  I've been extremely tired all week and I can't tell if it's due to jet lag or just because there is a lot going on and I'd be tired whether I'd been overseas or not.

Friday is even more welcome than usual and I thought it would be a good idea to bust out my lovely new Jimmy Choo flats:

Top: LK Bennett
Jeans: Country Road
Jacket: L'Agence
Flats: Jimmy Choo
Bag: Chloe
Finding a polished office-friendly pair of flats is something of a challenge. Frankly, heels add authority to any work-look, so flats that still make you look like you own the corner office, instead of a student doing a summer internship, are more rare than one might think. Black patent with a pointed toe are extremely transitional and make any more relaxed outfit look smart.  I used to have a couple of pairs of Christian Louboutin Pigalle flats but they got tossed in the great wardrobe edit (after many, many years of good wear, I should add) so these were a timely addition to my wardrobe.

I'm looking forward to a fairly busy, but fun social weekend. It's M's and my Christmas party on Saturday night so Saturday will be a flurry of early Pilates, grocery shopping, house-cleaning and cooking before welcoming our guests for a night of great conversation and (hopefully) great food.

I hope you all have wonderful weekends :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment