Wednesday 14 May 2014

Freebie jeans!

This may be the most unusual thing ever said on a fashion blog: I have never owned a pair of skinny jeans.


Insert elevator music here while we digest that sartorial revelation looking calmly at calming water...
I assumed as a curvy person, with definite hips, that this was a style option denied to me.

However, I recently managed to correct this deficit due to a retail offer from Country Road: I bought two pairs of their Technical pants (gorgeous, do check them out online) and they offered me a free item. I chose their skinny zip detail jeans in navy:

Top: Witchery
Pants: Country Road
Jacket: Country Road
Shoes: LK Bennett
Bag: Louis Vuitton
The verdict: surprisingly wearable! I am actually loving them, totally unexpectedly. I have worn them in both casual and work contexts and each time, the silhouette is modern, pared back and chic.

I honestly feel like a bit of a doofus for neglecting skinny jeans as a possibility for so long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment