Tuesday 3 March 2015

Lightness of being

Top: LK Bennett
This week's theme of lightweight pieces and cool-coloured accessories continues in an effort to beat the heat - 33C today!

It's so hot I didn't even bother with a blazer or jacket - just a light ivory tank by LK Bennett and my (new) favourite silk pants from Vince.

As my style continues to evolve (being 32 now, not the spring chicken I once was) I place more and more value on multiple buys as well as ensuring quality cut and fit.  I have three of this ivory tank because it drapes nicely at the front, is really practical (read: no dry-cleaning) and translates well for me across my full wardrobe, from work to weekend.  It is quite a generous cut and I tend to size up in tops anyway due to my bust. To mitigate any potential oversize/sack-effect, I have the tops tailored with a couple of modest darts, just to draw the lines in a little.  Tailoring is such a worthwhile investment, I couldn't recommend it more highly particularly for clothes that are part of your sartorial uniform on high closet rotation.

That said, it all might still look a bit frumpy in the photo. I'd love to have really awesome street-style blog photos. M isn't the world's best photographer though so I may have to recruit another helper...

No comments:

Post a Comment