Thursday 12 March 2015

Match(es) made in heaven



Who loves internet shopping?

Me. I do. I even did a post about things that make internet shopping awesome.

And it would appear people know, because the fabulous team at Matches sent me a super lovely gift voucher to explore the DVF Spring/Summer 2015 collection :)

I love DVF. It's got the right mix of pretty and preppy, with a little bit of #girlboss thrown in for good measure. This season there's a heavy emphasis on checks and gingham, while some more retro-styled classic DVF prints seem to have made a bit of a comeback with a modern reworking across the wrap and tunic dress styles.

I was a bit like a kid in a candy store but eventually settled on the Fleur dress in a really crisp bright red:


DVF always does this great thing and releases designs in multiple colours so you'll be pleased to know this dress also comes in pink and a pale yellow (lemon?) colour. Look at me, describing things :)

The dress is winging it's way to me now and I'm really hoping the fabric is wearable - sometimes crepes and jerseys can be a bit heavy for the Queensland climate. I've been looking for a simple, short red dress for ages, ever since my last red dress (a fetching crimson silk affair) actually tore across the behind/bottom area from overwear. While I was out Christmas shopping. Yes, my underwear may have been seen by quite a few people I didn't actually know. I only discovered the damage when I got home. Le sigh.

Here's hoping I look as good in this little fire engine number as the model does:

 

Gorgeous, no?!  xo


No comments:

Post a Comment