Tuesday 7 October 2014

Crisp blue and ivory

The weather was definitely on my mind when I dressed this morning. Although I haven't worked in litigation for nearly 6 years, I still feel a bit naked going to work without a suit jacket. However, the reality is it is often far too hot to wear one (even in office air-conditioning).

It was quite a challenge to me when I first moved from a law firm to in-house counsel because the office dress code was much more casual. I think I've managed to find a happy medium where I can still pull together a very corporate look when I have meetings, but I also can look more relaxed/deconstructed when I'm just working in my office or from home.

This is a really fresh spring look for me:

Top: LK Bennett
Skirt: Dolce & Gabbana
Shoes: Kate Spade
Belt: YSL
Bag: Chanel

I love this top from LK Bennett. They sold out really quickly (sad face) but I did manage to snag two in ivory and one in a lovely blush-pink.  I had to get them tailored to add two darts at the back, as I bought a slightly bigger size so as to comfortably fit my bust, but I naturally ended up with quite billowy fabric around my waist.

Ivory, sleeveless, pops of blue, polished accessories - hello springtime, I say! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment