Wednesday 8 October 2014

Thursday morning after tennis the night before...

Ok, so M and I are embracing fitness and exercise and healthy living and all that jazz.  It's just taking a bit longer for healthy living to really embrace us, if you know what I mean.

Specifically, we played tennis last night. We play tennis once a fortnight with friends from work. It's not serious, it's a bit of a rotating group and it's really fun. As a habit, it's been going on for just over 2 months. Now, normally I do high intensity spin sessions or I go running for about 40 minutes and I would do something like that 4 times a week minimum.  This is in addition to walking our fat dog twice a day. That has been my exercise regimen since pretty much the start of the year.

So theoretically I have been getting plenty of movement, plenty of incidental exercise as well as aerobic stuff.  Tennis though, for some reason, really uses muscles I barely know about and hopefully M doesn't ever read this but...I feel so. so. old the morning after tennis.

I'm not going to give up, I'm going to my first pilates class in about 5 years on Saturday (terrified by that, just a little bit). But I cannot wait until I feel like a lean, fit cheetah on the court.

I hope you all enjoyed that image :)

So this is my outfit this morning, slightly less cheetah-like and more like a gingerly-held-together sloth:

Top: Vivienne Westwood Anglomania
Skirt: Burberry
Shoes: Bally
Bag: Chanel
I really enjoyed my outfit yesterday, very spring-y and light. Today I kept the theme with this really lovely petrol-coloured skirt from Burberry which has ruching detail all over it, adding an extra element of interest on top of the divine colour. It's light and cool as well. I love the contrast of the petrol blue and the black - it really makes the colour pop.

Happy Thursday everyone :) xo


No comments:

Post a Comment